Mtn Dew teams up with Robert Rodriguez: “Green Label Studios Open Call”

by
Posted

If ¬†you’ve ever dreamed of working with acclaimed movie director Robert Rodriguez, dream no more. Mountain Dew has teamed up with the legendary filmmaker to launch the “Green Label Studios Open Call.” The contest is calling for filmmakers of all veins to submit their best work and have it seen directly by a Green Label Studios panel. This competition is broken up into 3 phases that, if you can get through, will pay off tremendously.

“CONTEST VIDEO”

To enter, submit a video that shows the company how you, “Do the DEW.” They are looking for videos that showcase your world and essentially the celebration of your passions. This first round of entries will be judged by the Green-Label editorial team who will select 10 lucky finalists to receive a $10,000 production grant essentially moving them into phase 2. At this point, the finalists will create a special piece of content for DEW. The work will be presented this summer at an event in NYC to a Green-Label panel who will select 1 grand prize winner.

This lucky filmmaker will not only receive a $250,000 production grant to create content for Green-Label.com, but also the chance to be mentored by Robert Rodriguez himself! Check out the contest video and then head over to the contest site and get started today!

18+, 10 minutes-, Deadline: April 25th 2014

CONTEST PAGE

Tags:
    6 ResponsesLeave a comment
    • savannah quinn
      April 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM

so it’s supposed to be 10 minutes?

• FilmTheNextStaff
      April 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM

It can be 10 minutes or less.

• daniel
      April 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM

where/how we summit our video to enter the contest?? cant see or find..thks

• FilmTheNextStaff
      April 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Ramiro valdez
      April 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM

The secret edge

( picture this in a video )

After my incredible ski jump! A skier said ” What’s your secret” Energy! as I , pushed him off the cliff! Did you get it ? ” Noooooh!” Nope! I don’t think he got it!
      While I was wrestling , i was asked the same question? So i showed him! As i threw him off the ring. Did you get it? ” NOooooh!” I don’t think , he got it?
      Another time I was trying to help this boxer figure it out to the point that I knocked him out. I don’t think , he got it? ” Noo-o-o-o-o!”
      All of a sudden the crowed of reporters caught me , drinking my MT Dew! i said ” ok guys , you got me. I am going to tell everyone my secret. What is green and can light you up?” The Green lantern! Yes! Yes! I don’t think they got it! Yeessss! The secret is safe!

The secret of Mountain Dew is in the energy!

Ps ( That how I do the Dew )

I’m not a video expert , but I could help somebody
      with some kind of idea! It was possible.

• Joyce Keir
      April 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM

when are the winner announced?